Launch of Box Gum Art Competition 2018
Artists and art lovers are invited to Moore Creek Hall to launch the Box Gum Art Comp 2018. An opportunity to learn more about how the competition has been expanded and how to win the grand prize $1000.
It is also a chance to see the 2017 winners and shortlisted artists from last years competition, as well enjoy a light refreshment and receive a free native plant.
The competition launch will be held at Moore Creek Hall on Sunday 25th February from 9.00am – 12noon. Local TRLA organisers will explain the various themes of the competition and the requirements of entry.
This year, entry will be free for current members of TRLA or $15 for non members which includes 12 months membership to TRLA.
What is the Box-Gum Art Comp?
Tamworth Regional Landcare Box-Gum Woodland Art Competition – $1000 First prize
The Art Comp aims to share the beauty of the Box-Gum Woodland areas of our region. Artworks can be submitted as digital, sculptural or works on paper in response to a number of themes.
- People in Box-Gum Woodlands
- Flora and Fauna
- Most Creative
- Threats to Box-Gum Woodlands
This competition offers an opportunity to learn about and explore our local environment, win $1000 and a chance to have your artwork exhibited or published.
The Box-Gum Woodland Art Competition is open all.
To ensure eligibility for the contest, please ensure you’re taking a photo in a Box-Gum Woodland… not sure what that is? Review the What is Box-Gum Woodland to be sure it is.
Please include the address of Box-Gum woodland you are responding to or capturing.
If you are taking a photo with people, please be sure to complete a Model Release Form.
Entry will be free for current members of Tamworth Regional Landcare (TRLA) or $15 for non members which includes 12 month membership to TRLA.
All artworks must be completed within in North West New South Wales and TRLA requests an address or approximation of the box gum woodland area that pertains to your work.
- Competition launches – Sunday 25th February 2018
- Closes – Sunday 20th May 2018
- Exhibition opens – Tuesday 5th June 2018, Ray Walsh House
- Winner announced – 6pm Tuesday 12th June 2018, Ray Walsh House
- Digital – Video / Audio maximum duration = 2 mins.
- Sculpture – Maximum size = 1m x 1m x 1m. Weight limit = 24kgs.
- Works on paper – Maximum size = 1m x 1m.
- Digital Submission – All works are to be submitted digitally by 20th May 2018. Images can be emailed to email@example.com – large files may require delivery via DropBox. If you have any questions relating to file quality or format – please just ask.
If your work is selected for exhibition it must be ready for installation by 3pm on Friday 25th May
Please be sure to include this information with your entry:
- Artists name
- Artists contact details – email and phone.
If your work is shortlisted for exhibition we will need to contact you.
- Title of your work, category and theme.
- Address of the associated Box-Gum Woodland.
- Model Release Form, if required.
Permission for Reuse
By entering this competition artists are allowing for their images to be reproduced by Tamworth Regional Landcare Association and NSW Govt. Environment Dept. for both print and digital use. The image will be published under a creative commons license – creativecommons.org.au
Specifically the license will be Attribution. This license lets others distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon your work, even commercially, as long as they credit you for the original creation.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
Contact Anne on firstname.lastname@example.org or Emma 0407 43 55 85