Felicity SteelFelicity Steel is the Regional Landcare Facilitator (RLF) South, North West NSW Landcare.
The RLF engages with land managers, local and regional Landcare groups, farming systems or grower groups and related community organisations to support the community within their region with a primary focus on supporting sustainable agriculture groups and activities.
RLF works to:
- Promote the Landcare ethic and sustainable agriculture to farmers and land managers
- Assist Landcare and community groups to seek funding, membership and resources for NRM activities and to build their capacity and skills
- Support the development, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of the region’s community engagement plan or strategy
- Report on the state of Landcare in the region
- Participate in the Regional Landcare Facilitator network, including attending annual national and state events
- Increase awareness of Australian Government policies and funding programs relevant to Australian Government’s Plan for a Cleaner Environment. This plan has four ‘pillars’:
- Clean Air
- Clean Water
- Clean Land and National Heritage
- RLF’s will contribute to the Clean Land ‘pillar’ by delivering practical change at the local level
- Provide feedback to the Commonwealth on emerging NRM issues in the region, relevant to sustainable agriculture practices and Landcare community needs.
Contact Felicity on 0407 845 515 or at firstname.lastname@example.org