Macdonald River Restoration Group
The Macdonald River Restoration Group has a simple and clear action plan for their stretch of the Macdonald River. Their plan is as follows:
1) Continue working on removing privet and cleaning up the riverbank on the south-eastern side of the low level bridge, where trees have
2) Spray weeds and growth on “sand slugs” near low-level bridge and further down behind the hotel. If weeds are killed then sand may
wash downstream with next flood event.
3) Remove low-lying branch from Basket Willow on western side of low-level bridge
5) Remove basket willows either side of weeping willows behind hotel.
6) Spray blackberries along south-western side of old bridge.
7) Clean up area along river below BBQ’s at Memorial Park.